Healthy Homemade Hummus
This hummus recipe is not only the BEST hummus you’ll ever make, it may also be the easiest!
Hummus is a great source of dietary fiber with an average of 6 grams of dietary fiber per 3.5 ounces. Pair this traditional dip with raw veggies and whole-grain pita bread for a surefire crowd-pleaser.
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2–5 tbsp. cold water
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- optional toppings: extra drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley, smoked paprika, toasted pine nuts
- Add the tahini, cold water, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic, and lemon juice to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Add in the chickpeas. Puree for 3-4 minutes, pausing halfway to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Keep pureeing until it is smooth. Add in another tablespoon or two of water until the consistency is just right.
- Season to taste using additional salt, cumin, and/or lemon juice if needed.
- Serve immediately, garnished with your desired toppings, or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
(Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven)