Stuffed Baked Apples
These beautiful baked apples are like individual apple crisps. They are soft, crunchy, and sweet all at the same time. You’re going to love them!
Apples are a great source of dietary fiber, which can improve digestive health. On average, a medium apple has 4.5 grams of dietary fiber. Fiber is crucial to promoting probiotic health. A fiber-rich diet can help feed your gut microbiome.
Did You Know
Fruits, vegetables, and legumes contain most of their fibers in their skins, with some exceptions. Both soluble and insoluble fibers can be found in different fruits, vegetables, and legumes. It's important to note that fruits, vegetables, and legumes that are safe to consume with the skins on should be eaten as such. These include foods like apples, pears, tomatoes, and so on, have skins that can be sources of fiber.
The Institute of Medicine’s Guidelines recommends that women consume 25 grams of fiber per day for a balanced diet. So you have room to pick and choose what kinds of foods you want to eat on a daily basis and incorporate them easily into your diet.
- 4 baking apples (Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray or butter and set aside.
- Cut the apples in half, remove the core with a melon baller or a similar tool.
- Combine the shredded coconut, honey, oil, cinnamon, pecans, and salt in a small bowl.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the pecan crumble onto the apple halves.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the apples are tender but not mushy.
- Serve the apples warm with any additional accompaniments and enjoy!
(Recipe adapted from Prepare & Nourish)
Shockingly, more women suffer from heart attacks than men
A woman's risk of heart attack doubles as she transitions through menopause. Our research partner, Dr. John Konhilas, was the one to uncover the fact that one of the proprietary probiotics in MenoGLow and MenoFit actually cuts this risk in half.*
Are you struggling with weight gain and you're over 35?
The changes that come with aging can make losing weight more difficult. That’s why we’ve combined our best-selling menopause relief probiotic, MenoFit, Happy Fiber, and a complete nutrition and exercise plan designed for women in midlife.