Quinoa Snack Bars
Quinoa snack bars are packed full of fiber and flavor. Make them ahead of time for a convenient grab-and-go snack throughout your week.
- 1 ¼ cup oats, dry
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed, ground
- 6 tbsp. water
- 2 medium banana
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips or blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, quinoa, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flaxseeds and water. Let stand for 5 minutes until the mixture begins to gel. Beat in the banana, almond butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the flax mixture over the dry mixture and stir together until fully combined. Fold in the coconut and the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake on the center rack for 20 – 25 minutes or until the mixture has started to brown and is springy to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan. Once cooled, transfer it to a cutting board and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 – 4 days.
(Recipe adapted from Super Healthy Kids)