Chickpea Pumpkin Blondies
This tasty dessert is hiding something. Under all that pumpkin goodness is a healthy serving of chickpeas, but you would never know it!
Chickpeas are a fantastic source of dietary fiber as well as plant-based protein. One cup contains nearly 10 grams of fiber and 11 grams of protein, making these blondies as healthy as they are delicious.
- 15.5 ounces chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor.
- With a wooden spoon, fold the mixture to mix in any unincorporated parts.
- Line a 7 ½" x 9 ½" (or similar size) baking dish with baking paper.
- Spread the mixture in the pan. Top with any additions you like, i.e. walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
(Recipe adapted from Create Mindfully)