Mushroom & Spinach Cauliflower Rice
This low carb mushroom and spinach cauliflower rice can be served as an entrée or a side. Either way, you will love it.
Cauliflower rice and mushrooms are both great sources of dietary fiber, which can improve digestive health. On average, one cup of mushrooms provides .7 grams of dietary fiber and cauliflower rice provides 2 grams of dietary fiber per cup. Fiber is crucial to promoting probiotic health. A fiber-rich diet can help feed your gut microbiome.
Did You Know
Fiber is crucial to promoting probiotic health. A fiber-rich diet can help feed your gut microbiome. But how does fiber help probiotic health? There are two types of fibers that the body needs: soluble and insoluble fibers. Soluble fibers are fibers that easily dissolve in water and turn into a gel-like substance that aids digestion in a number of ways. It can help improve your body's blood glucose levels and may help lower the risk of diabetes.
Insoluble fibers are fibers that do not dissolve in water. These fibers pass through your digestive tract and help soften stool so that waste can pass through your body easier. These fibers primarily help improve and maintain regularity, but they also help support insulin sensitivity, which also decreases the risk of developing diabetes.
When combined with probiotics, both of these fiber types help properly extract nutrients from food and expel waste from the body with more ease. Both of these fibers are necessary for probiotics to function properly and help prevent excess fats from being stored during a weight loss regimen.
- 10 oz. frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach
- More soy sauce to taste
- Cook the cauliflower rice according to the package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Toss in the mushrooms and sauté until cooked, they should be soft and tender.
- Add the garlic and stir in.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice and soy sauce. Mix until the cauliflower rice has absorbed the soy sauce.
- Top the mixture with spinach, stir and cook until spinach becomes wilted.
(Recipe adapted from Stylish Cravings)