Island Grilled Chicken
If you love grilled chicken but are looking for a way to jazz things up a bit, you are going to want to try this delicious, zesty chicken dish!
Avocado and mango are both great sources of dietary fiber, which can improve digestive health. On average, one mango provides 5 grams of dietary fiber per fruit and avocado provides 10 grams of dietary fiber per cup. Fiber is crucial to promoting probiotic health. A fiber-rich diet can help feed your gut microbiome.
Did You Know
Fiber is crucial to promoting probiotic health. A fiber-rich diet can help feed probiotics. But how does fiber help probiotic health? There are two types of fibers that the body needs: soluble and insoluble fibers. Soluble fibers are fibers that easily dissolve in water and turn into a gel-like substance that aids digestion in a number of ways. It can help improve your body's blood glucose levels and may help lower the risk of diabetes.
Insoluble fibers are fibers that do not dissolve in water. These fibers pass through your digestive tract and help soften stool so that waste can pass through your body easier. These fibers primarily help improve and maintain regularity, but they also help support insulin sensitivity, which also decreases the risk of developing diabetes.
When combined with probiotics, both of these fiber types help properly extract nutrients from food and expel waste from the body with more ease. Both of these fibers are necessary for probiotics to function properly and help prevent excess fats from being stored during a weight loss regimen.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 lime, squeezed
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat your grill to 350 degrees. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with the chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Combine mango, avocado, onion, red bell pepper, and cilantro in a bowl. Stir in the lime juice and salt to taste.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
- Spoon the salsa over the chicken and serve.
(Recipe adapted from Healthy Fitness Meals)