Chili Lime Sweet Potato Wedges
These sweet potato wedges are a great snack or side dish. They are easy to make and oh so yummy.
Sweet potatoes are a wonderful source of dietary fiber, which can improve digestive health. On average, one cup of sweet potato provides 4 grams of dietary fiber.. Fiber is crucial to promoting probiotic health. A fiber-rich diet can help feed your gut microbiome.
Did You Know
Fiber is crucial to promoting probiotic health. A fiber-rich diet can help feed probiotics. But how does fiber help probiotic health?
There are four key benefits that come from eating a diet rich in fiber.
- Fiber slows the rate that sugar is absorbed into the bloodstream. When you eat foods high in fiber, such as beans and whole grains, the sugar in those foods is absorbed slower, which keeps your blood glucose levels from spiking which can lead to overeating.
- Fiber makes your intestines work faster. When you eat whole grains rich in insoluble fiber, it moves faster through your intestines, which can tell your body that you are full.
- Fiber cleans your colon. Fiber helps clean out bacteria and other buildup in your intestines, and reduces your risk for colon cancer.
- Fiber helps keep you regular. A high-fiber diet helps you have soft, regular stool, reducing constipation.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 lime (1-2 tbsp.)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into wedges.
- Mix the spices in a small bowl.
- Place the wedges on the baking sheet and sprinkle the spice mixture over them, use your hands to gently toss the wedges around until they are coated in the spice mixture.
- Place them on the baking sheet with the skin side down. Bake for 45 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before they are done baking, prepare the dip. Add the avocado, lime juice and chili powder to a small bowl and use a fork to mash them together. If you want a more creamy texture, add the ingredients to a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Remove the wedges from the oven, let them cool and then enjoy!
(Recipe adapted from Two Raspberries)