Menopause Supply List
Back to school usually means a long list of supplies kids need for school to help them succeed in all of their classes. In the same way, we want to provide a list of items, like our MenoLabs supplements, to help women going through menopause.
Firstly, you've almost made it through the summer months, which can be so difficult for women going through hot flashes! The milder weather will give you a little reprieve from the heat you already experience. But with the variety of symptoms that you can still go through, we want to provide you with some tools that can help.
- Track their symptoms to share with their doctor and get a better idea of what they are going through.
- Have a place to connect with other women experiencing peri/menopause because you are not alone and shouldn’t have to feel like you are during this journey.
- Have a resource to find as much information on the topic of peri/menopause as possible. We want to help answer your questions!
An affirmation is a self-loving mantra that you can repeat to yourself throughout the day. Our app provides a daily affirmation to help start, or end your day. These can help you feel more calm when you're experiencing anxiety, or start your day on a positive note. If you can’t seem to find time to say an affirmation a day, try posting an affirmation on your bathroom mirror to take a moment while getting ready. See what a difference it makes in your day!
Are you dealing with brain fog and can’t figure out how to help? Hormones could be leading to this, but the brain also starts to change during midlife. Since most of us are done with school and might be retired, it is a good idea to start exercising the brain. A memory game app can help. Another good idea is to read a book or a newspaper everyday. Fun games like sudoku and crossword puzzles are great options, too! But, no need to fret. Studies have shown that after menopause, women’s brains go to a new normal.
Our team has developed natural supplements to fight off a variety of the symptoms women experience in peri/menopause. Here is a breakdown our most popular products, and what each can help with:
- MenoFit: Interested in one pill that can help most, if not all,, of your peri/menopause symptoms? This is it! This is a 28 ingredient formulation with probiotics, herbs, vitamins and minerals to help with reducing hot flashes, helpling with weight loss, balancing mood, helping with bone and joint health, and helping with heart health.
- MenoGlow: Concerned about complexion issues after 40? You can hydrate from the inside out with MenoGlow, and help to add vibrancy to your skin and strengthen your brittle nails and thinning hair.
- Well Rested: Looking for more ways to help improve your sleep patterns and mood swings? The ingredients used in this formula have been chosen to help lower neural activity in the brain, relax muscles, and steady heart rate and blood pressure. All of this can help you fall asleep and stay asleep, for a restful night that will make it so you can have a better mood throughout the day.
- Happy Fiber: Are your mood swings driving you crazy? This combo of probiotics, fiber and L-Tyrosine is here to help your gut and your brain!
- Autumn Survival Kit: Stay on track and live your best life with this kit that includes: 2 bottles of MenoFit, 1 bag of Happy Fiber, 1 bottle of Well Rested, and our eBook, "How to Master Menopause."
Peri/menopause focused workouts:
There are options out there that are geared towards the type of workouts your body needs at this time in your life, and they are free! You can also make sure to have a walk every day and practice yoga. As we get older, our bones begin to get less strong and will need strength workouts to help you along the way. Those do not need to be with weights. Your body weight is just as effective and can be achieved by adding more reps and sets. For example, do 3 sets of 30-50 reps for a strength workout without weights. The combination of a walk and a strength workout 2-3 times a week will provide more results than one or the other alone. We offer a 90-day fitness and nutrition guide with our Quick Start Package that is a helpful way to begin your exercise journey. We also share yoga positions on our app for women wanting to try yoga.
Cooking for health:
Making cooking fun and healthy with our Cofounder Danielle’s top 3 cookbooks:
- Forks Over Knives, The Cookbook by Del Sroufe (they even have a family version of this cookbook!): If eating plant-based and cutting your favorites like cheese out sounds crazy, this cookbook is for you! It offers recipes that only take 5 minutes and can replace products like Velveeta without you ever thinking about it! Check out page 29 for a recipe for a No-Cheese Sauce to use for Mac and “Cheese” or as a dip:)
- How Not to Die Cookbook by Dr. Michael Greger, M.D., FACLM: If you have read the book, you know that there were tons of family recipe hacks shared which were amazing. This cookbook, and the other cookbooks that Dr. Greger has written, have so many easy to make and delicious recipes. I love his anecdotal information he shares in the book on the recipes that are his and his family's favorites. Like, since walnuts are probably one of the healthiest nuts, he usually swaps out other nuts in recipes to get the maximum nutritional value in his meals. Great idea! (page 106)
- Eat to Live: Quick & Easy Cookbook by Joel Fuhrman: “The secret to success is knowledge: The more you learn, the easier it becomes to eat this way (healthy) for the rest of your life.” No one has the excuse that they don’t have time to eat healthy with this book! This cookbook offers fast, healthy and might I add, unique recipes that you can’t get bored with! Have you ever had a fruity chickpea cereal for breakfast? Me either! Why not have fun trying out healthy foods on the go:)
- Water bottle-this is essential. You will need water all day long during peri/menopause. It’s just a matter of what type of water drinker you are. Do you want to track how much water you’ve had? Do you want to infuse the water to make it more fun? No matter what type of bottle you get, make sure you are getting at least 64 ounces of water a day.
- Fan-if you are experiencing hot flashes, this needs to be with you no matter where you are. We have spoken with ladies who have a fan at their desk where they work, by their bed when they sleep, or just have a handheld electric fan for on the go. Get relief from the hot flashes anyway you can.
- Clothes & sheets with natural fibers-these are another great option if you are experiencing hot flashes or night sweats to make it a little easier.
We hope this list helps you through this journey of menopause. Let us know which items are in your menopause tool kit.