Key Ingredients: How Chasteberry and Lactobacillus reuteri in MenoFit help with anxiety and depression during peri/menopause.
Are you experiencing anxiety and mood swings and can’t get out of the funk? A study from The North American Menopause Society reported that 23 percent of women experience anxiety during perimenopause. MenoFit is here to help! Our supplement is packed with ingredients to help you get that mood boost you need. We want to share how key ingredients like Chasteberry and Lactobacillus reuteri (a probiotic) work so you better understand what you are taking.
Why are my emotions changing so much during peri/menopause?
Psychology Today provides a variety of reasons women experience mood swings during peri/menopause that we would like to break down:
- Estrogen dropping: Estrogen dropping affects levels of serotonin in the body. Serotonin is referred to as the “happiness hormone.” With the loss of serotonin, women can feel like they want to cry at any moment.
- Progesterone dropping: Progesterone is the sex hormone that calms the brain and helps with falling asleep. Since this hormone is also dropping, the benefits start to dwindle so you won’t naturally feel calm and it won’t be easy to fall asleep.
- Hormonal fluctuations and hormone imbalance: During peri/menopause, hormones are going up and down nonstop. With all of these drastic changes in the body, it starts to affect the mind negatively.
- Sleep issues: Night sweats can wake you up in the middle of the night and make it difficult to get back to sleep. These types of sleep interruptions can get in the way of restful sleep and make for a less productive day.
- Hot flashes: Not only do hot flashes make you hot, they also make you feel uncomfortable, sweaty, and self-conscious. Experiencing this over and over will lead to mood swings.
- Realization: Some women grapple with the thought that they will no longer be able to have more children. This happens to women who have already had children and those who haven’t.
- Loss of desire: A women’s sexual desire can change during mid-life due to low libido, vaginal dryness, exhaustion, and many other factors. This type of experience can trigger anxiety and mood swings with one's partner because of the change in the sexual connection.
What can help me get out of this funk?
Did you know that anxiety and gut health are linked? A study found that people who have digestive issues usually have anxiety. That is why balance starts in your microbiome by increasing the diversity of bacteria in your gut. A study by Frontiers in Psychiatry found an improvement in mood after using probiotics on their subjects for six weeks. The results showed lower depression, tiredness, and anger, and even better quality of sleep. Our power combination is here to help your anxiety and mood swings during peri/menopause.
Your lifestyle has a big effect on the symptoms you experience during peri/menopause and beyond. Living a healthy lifestyle by eating a plant-based diet and working out at least five days a week can make a difference. Combining those activities with a great supplement, like MenoFit, can help relieve symptoms.
Why is there a problem with my gut?
There is an issue with many people's guts today because of a few factors:
- Processed foods
- Poor diet
What is Chasteberry and how is it benefitting me?
The Chasteberry is a fruit that is the size of a peppercorn that comes from a tree. Chasteberry can be used as an herbal supplement used to treat a variety of symptoms one of them being peri/menopause.
In one study, women found that they had a better mood and slept better after using a Chasteberry product. Another study conducted by The National Library of Medicine found that Chasteberry helped relieve anxiety and depression in women during PMS. Chasteberry can also help with the following symptoms: reduces headaches, reduces inflammation, and bone repair.
What is Lactobacillus reuteri and why was it the probiotic chosen for MenoFit?
We are all aware of how beneficial probiotics are for the body. We want to take a deeper dive into how we chose the specific type (strain) of probiotics we used in our supplement, MenoFit. Lactobacillus reuteri can help lower anxiety by helping to balance the microbiome and killing pathogens/bad bacteria in the body. L. reuteri has been shown to aid in mood stabilization, decreased anxiety, and help improve bone density. Interesting fact: Lactobacillus reuteri is found in breast milk! If you were breastfed as a baby you started off life with this healthy bacteria!
We are here to help!Here at MenoLabs, we know the needs of women in peri/menopause because we are women-owned and operated. That is why we created a full line of probiotic supplements created just for women like us that help alleviate the symptoms of peri/menopause, such as mood swings, with a natural option. Let these friendly gut bacteria help you reduce your mood problems by making you a healthier (and happier!) person.